Your Ad Here

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

“I would stick with my obligations and do the fight,” said Evans. “I know he has this amazing opportunity to do this acting, but at the same time, at the end of the day he’s still just going to be a fighter. He’s not going to be an actor. He’s a fighter. That’s what he does. We all want to branch off and do different things because we never know when this is going to end, but you have to remember what’s paying the bills for you at this particular time.” (Sherdog)

Franklin reiterated his interest in “exciting fights” and called the idea of another title run “a great Cinderella story before I retire.” He also addressed the change in opponent from Dan Henderson, a man who defeated him by split decision at UFC 93, to Belfort in wake of substantial fan backlash. “I’m primarily interested in putting on fights fans want to see. The fan reaction to [the announced Henderson rematch] was less than excited. Even if I want that fight again, if the fans don’t want to see it, I’m not going to push for it,” Franklin said. (Sherdog)

Despite recent reports suggesting that Matt Hamill and Jon Jones have verbally agreed to face one another at The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale, sources close to Hamill's camp have informed FiveKnuckles.com that the match up is news to them. (5 Knuckles)


"First I heard that he was out, but I couldn't tell nobody; that's why I called you tonight. Then I found out the next morning that Daley was going to be the replacement. It's part of the game though. I wanted to fight Swick, but it's okay. I'll fight Daley instead, but I was looking forward to fighting Swick…. they are both good strikers. Daley has knockout power in his strikes. I've been preparing for a striker in Swick, but now, I'm just fighting a short guy instead of a tall guy," stated UFC welterweight contender Martin Kampmann as he talked about the change in opponent from Mike Swick to Paul Daley in his upcoming clash at UFC 103. Check out what else he had to say. (Fight Hype)

“Both Kang and I are looking to take that next step up the ladder to the top of the division, and there’s so much on the line for both of us,” added ‘The Count’. “I have things to prove and cannot wait to go in all guns blazing in front of my hometown fans in Manchester.” (Fighters Only)

Kim is technically unbeaten and, while he’s been under pressure in his career, has always found a way to win. I will have to break him. He can control people on the ground with his judo and can land strikes. He can boss you on the ground for 15 minutes and that will be his plan,” he says. (Fighters Only)

“Kim will want to take me down with his judo and bash me up on the ground, but every time he gets close he will eat an elbow or knee in the face. I don’t want a decision, I guarantee a knockout in this one.” (Fighters Only)

My contract with Strikeforce was only made about three months before the incident, I think they let me fight against (Vitor)Belfort and Paul (Buentello) to lose, but I won. Normally in a contract it says you have to defend your title within a certain period. But my contract just ended there. As I had a long term contract with FEG, I kept fighting for Dream and K-1. It's ironic that we finally got an offer from Strikeforce and reached an agreement, and I get in some stupid brawl and cut my hand. In jail it got infected and it took longer than expected. (Middle Easy)

"I'm a guy I keep out of drama and stuff like that," Maynard told MMAWeekly Radio when asked if he was brought in specifically to send Huerta packing. "So if there's anything like that going on, I keep out of it. I don't get involved with nobody's stuff." (MMA Weekly)

An infection suffered by UFC middleweight Dan Miller (11-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) has forced him out of next week's UFC Fight Night 19 preliminary-card fight with C.B. Dollaway (8-2 MMA, 2-2 UFC). (MMA Junkie)

Taking his place on next week's card is Silva, who turned pro just 14 months ago. However, he's posted five straight wins all by knockout. His latest win came over former EliteXC fighter Ray Lizama at the Aug. 15 Call to Arms II event. (MMA Junkie)

Considered one of the top lightweight prospects in the sport, Bryan Travers has signed a five fight deal to compete in Strikeforce as confirmed to MMAWeekly.com by sources close to the negotiations on Monday. (MMA Weekly)

Late last week the UFC 103 main card took a hit when welterweight contender Mike Swick had to withdraw from the event due to a head injury in training and was since replaced by Paul ‘Semtex’ Daley to take on Martin Kampmann. Swick who was training with fellow American Kickboxing Academy teammate Josh Koscheck was rolling with him on the mat and took a blow to the head was not cleared to take the fight by several doctors, but said that he would be back in the gym after a week and is now hopeful that he can be able to compete on a future UFC card for the rest of this year starting with UFC 104. (Urdirt)

UFC light heavyweight “Assassin” Houston Alexander (8-4) must beat “Tank” Sherman Pendergarst (11-14) at Adrenaline MMA 4 in Omaha 18 September to remain in the UFC, a source close to the Adrenaline MMA event has confirmed to Fighters.com. (Fighters)

0 comments

Post a Comment