Your Ad Here

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Again, I may be wrong here, but enough is enough with this acting stuff. From Cung Le to Heath Herring and everyone in between, you’re cheating your fans out of what they came to admire you for in the first place. If fighters want to make money using creative outlets as their source, fine by me, just don’t let it interfere with your real career. (5 Oz's)


“I literally threw my first punch of my life five months before my first fight,” Jones said. “I felt like a robot. I completely felt like a fish out of water. It takes time. Over time, you gradually pick up stuff, but it’s so much quicker and things happen so much faster. In football, you can see where the shoulder pads are going and what the guy is aiming for. (Yahoo Sports)


“I got a call from the UFC offering me Cro Cop (at UFC 103), which blew my mind,” Dos Santos told MMAWeekly.com. “It took us a few days to sort out everything, and the UFC kept pushing, and we decided that we should take the fight.” (MMA Weekly)


Ariel Helwani: How did you get into MMA?
Jay Silva: I used to be a bouncer in New York and I used to get into fights all the time. I met this guy, who was part of Renzo Gracie's family, and he used to bounce with me. He always used to tell me to come train with them jiu-jitsu. One day I saw The Ultimate Fighter 1, and I thought, Man, I can do that; I can kick those guys a**. So I decided to go down there and start training. Next thing I know, I was fighting. (Fanhouse)


A featured lightweight bout between Kenny Florian and Clay Guida has been moved to UFC 107 on Dec. 12 at the FedEx Forum in Memphis, Tenn. (Sherdog)

So from Dan's perspective he should be treated as a big draw, but it's obvious that Anderson Silva doesn't view him as a big enough draw to be worth fighting. Anderson Silva wants the kind of huge payday that fighting Randy Couture at the top of a PPV card would bring. And because he's clearly shown that he will use every kind of passive aggression when forced to face undesirable opponents -- dogging it in the Octagon like he did against Leites and Cote, letting his camp put out mountains of misinformation (Anderson's having elbow surgery, he's willing to give up the middleweight belt), publicly announcing a boxing match with Roy Jones, Jr. following his UFC retirement -- the UFC is in a very tough position vis-a-vis Anderson Silva. (Bloody Elbow)

“I’m aggravated,” Clementi told MMAWeekly.com. “Seeing Melvin (Guillard) headline the (UFC Fight Night 19) show, just the way things go down. The times I perform best is when I have that type of attitude.” (MMA Weekly)

“I made my career in Japan. I liked Pride more than anything, but those days are gone and UFC is the main on the MMA market today. I think my place is to fight in the UFC and that is it.” (MMA Weekly)

Sylvia looks to break out of a slump that has seen "The Maine-iac" earn just one win in his past five trips to the cage. Sylvia most recently fought in June when the former UFC champion was stopped in just nine seconds by former boxing champ Ray Mercer. (MMA Junkie)

"The Ultimate Fighter" castoff Jason Guida (17-20) will take on MMA super-veteran Jeremy Horn (81-19-5) in the debut event for the Spokane, Wash.-based "Arena Rumble" organization. (MMA Junkie)

Two welterweight contenders looking to rebound from disappointing losses will square off at UFC 106 as Marcus Davis (16-5 MMA, 8-3 UFC) and Ben Saunders (7-1-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) have verbally agreed to meet at the event. (MMA Junkie)

“We’ve had to find a team to train with and I decided that if we’re going to live in Brazil, I want to get connected to a team that I feel can help me train for fights at this level and I feel that Nogueira’s team is really a team that can provide that kind of training and that kind of atmosphere for me,” said Wilson. (MMA Weekly)

Add Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal to the list of names that have been confirmed for the upcoming video game titled “EA Sports MMA“. (5 Oz's)

0 comments

Post a Comment