Your Ad Here

Monday, November 2, 2009

The long-awaited return of WEC lightweight champ Jamie Varner (16-2 MMA, 4-0 WEC) is now official, and the Arizona Combat Sports product meets interim champ Benson Henderson (10-1 MMA, 3-0 WEC) at WEC 46. (MMA Junkie)

"Jake has a problem in that he relies on his grappling way too much, and you know, with most opponents, he can submit them. He's not going to be able to submit me, and he's going to have a hell of a lot of trouble taking me down. So it's going to turn into a kickboxing match, and I'm a better kickboxer." (Fanhouse)

The WEC today officially announced the lightweight unification bout as well as a featherweight contest between former champ Urijah Faber (22-3 MMA, 7-2 WEC) and top contender Raphael Assuncao (14-1 MMA, 2-0 WEC) at the recently rumored event. (MMA Junkie)

Emelianenko cannot appear on a CBS talk show (his English is somewhere north of Chuck Liddell’s); Emelianenko cannot appear in advertisements displaying a ripped musculature (he doesn’t have one); Emelianenko cannot have a speaking part on “CSI: Miami” (he might be convincing as a corpse). As marketable athletes go, Emelianenko is not very marketable. (Sherdog)

“I spar with the best fighters in the world no problem, but people want to bash my stand up,” said Shields. “I’m not going to let it (the criticism) for me play into someone else’s game to try and prove myself. (MMA Weekly)

The UFC's annual Super Bowl weekend card has another addition following the booking of a lightweight bout between Phillipe Nover (5-2-1 MMA, 0-2 UFC) and Rob Emerson (8-8 MMA, 2-2 UFC). (MMA Junkie)

Bellator FC middleweight champ Hector Lombard will return to action Nov. 20 to defend his Cage Fighting Championships title in Sydney, Australia. UFC veteran Kalib Starnes will challenge. (MMA Weekly)


I’m sure he’s training very hard and hungry for the title, but I’m hungry to keep the title. It’s gonna be a great battle between me and Aldo, no doubt”, Brown said, ready for the fight. “I can fight tomorrow. I was ready two weeks ago to the fight”. (Tatame)

"I think he's one of the best, looking at his record and his history he's definitely great. But he's facing a new, improved heavyweight: He hasn't fought anyone like me. The way I see it, he hasn't been tested the way I'm about to test him." (Fanhouse)

Motivated with the win, Gleison says the rhythm of fighting is OK and he is available to perform for the fourth time this year if the UFC needs him. “The routine has been good for me. I’m feeling very secured and confident in the fights. I am a UFC employee so that if they want me to fight this year, I will be ready”. (Fighters Only)

“This is my comeback fight. I'm not going to lie, it's been a challenge for me," Ortiz explained. "I have no [back] pain, but I'm dealing with the fatigue from not fighting so long. I'm like 80-90% now, not 100.” (Fightline)

0 comments

Post a Comment