Your Ad Here

Monday, September 7, 2009


"I haven't touched a weight in over five years, I've never done any type of strength or weight training in five years since jumping to mixed martial arts," Koscheck told MMAWeekly Radio recently. "I just used mostly body on body, and what it did I think it recovered my muscles, recovered my body, and brought back the strength that I used to have when I was wrestling and first got into the sport." (MMA Weekly)

"It's what I've been doing my whole life, competing in wrestling, and getting back to the grind of hardcore training," stated Koscheck. "I just feel I need to rebuild that, maybe it was a mental thing. I'm just in great shape and I'm focused on what I've got to do, and that's dominate every position and win this fight." (MMA Weekly)

Junior ‘Cigano’ dos Santos (8-1) has been planning his strategy for Mirko ‘CroCop’ Filipovic, a fight which takes place at the main event of UFC 103. The rising heavyweight sensation says he is looking for CroCop’s chin. (Fighters Only)

“He is going to move to the left and I will go the opposite way. When he sets the kick I will land a straight big right hand on his face to knock him out,” he says. (Fighters Only)


Director Steven Soderbergh has committed to next direct “Knockout,” a spy thriller that will mark the screen starring debut of Gina Carano, the mixed martial arts circuit fighter. (Variety)


“I’d love to go,” Brown said of the UFC, a platform he had a brush with at UFC 47 in 2004, when he was submitted by Genki Sudo. “If they’re looking to do it, I’d rather do it sooner rather than later . . . I need to make money now, or I’m going to have to go back to Home Depot after this is all over.” (Sherdog)

Welterweight Dennis Hallman's (41-12-2 MMA, 1-3 UFC) first opponent in his return to the UFC has been determined, and "Superman" has agreed to meet John Howard (12-4 MMA, 2-0 UFC) at UFC 106. (MMA Junkie)

“It’s not every day the UFC calls you up – when you’re not under contract with them – asking you to come in and take a last minute fight with them,” he stated. “I’m definitely not going to say no.” (MMA Weekly)

“To the fans: last time was kind of bogus,” he said. “I stepped in last minute and wasn’t prepared to fight a top ranked guy. This time – no excuses – and quicksand will sink another guy this time for sure. (MMA Weekly)

0 comments

Post a Comment