Your Ad Here

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bantamweight contenders Damacio Page and Takeya Mizugaki have agreed to meet at WEC 45 on Dec. 19 in Las Vegas, a source close to the bout has confirmed to Sherdog.com. (Sherdog)

"Lyoto's a different guy, a different fighter than the other athletes. For most athletes that you face, you just need to train, adapt to little things and train as you regularly do and fight them because you’re used to what they bring to the table,” said Rua. (MMA Weekly)

"I was born in Torrance at UCLA Medical Center and I always grew up living in Lennox, like wanting to go to The Forum to watch all the big boxing fights and stuff and always thought I was going to get a chance to fight at The Forum," Stevenson said. "Now I see today I'm at the modern Forum, which is the Staples Center, and I'm so excited actually to be able to fight there, but still in the back of my head I wished that it was The Forum because as a kid I wanted to fight there." (Fanhouse)

"I'm 33 years old, and if I'm going to take a bigger name, I think right now is the time that I do it," Fisher said. "Win, lose or draw, I'd love to fight B.J. Penn. I know a lot of people say that. B.J. is the best. I think he's the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world at any weight class." (MMA Junkie)

Headlining bouts from UFC 101 through UFC 103 will air Nov. 7 on Spike TV at 9 p.m., the same time and date that Strikeforce will be making its debut on CBS. (Sherdog)

Couture added: "Obviously Brandon poses different problems than Nogueira did. He's not a submission expert, he's not going to be that dangerous on the ground — he'll be more dangerous on his feet — his punching and kicking is more effective than Nogueira. (The Sun)

"I'm sure he's not too excited about the fact that Vitor is in the same weight class as him and could possibly have to fight him again. He's going to favor Anderson Silva and that's fine. I respect Wanderlei Silva because of who he is and what he's done, but Vitor is my boy and I don't think there is anyone out there that can beat Vitor right now. If there is a match that everybody wants to see, it is Vitor Belfort versus Anderson Silva. Anderson just has to step up to the plate and sign the contract and we're in," stated MMA trainer Shawn Tompkins as he talked about Vitor Belfort's return to the UFC and a potential clash with Anderson Silva. (Fight Hype)



The Strikeforce lightweight division just got that much deeper, for that much longer, as undefeated lightweight smashing machine Lyle “Fancy Pants” Beerbohm has recently re-inked an extensive contract with the increasingly talent stacked promotion. (5 Oz's)

“This fight will likely go the mat. I train jiu-jitsu with the same intensity as Muay Thai, wrestling, boxing and standing. Gonzaga is a BJJ black belt but I train with Big Nog, who is the best grappler in MMA, so I will be ready to roll with him,” he said today. (Fighters Only)

While Cox said Sylvia has been proposed fights against Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem and Hong Man Choi, he thinks it would make more sense to have "The Maine-iac" fight the Korean giant. (Fanhouse)

(Rick Story): "I want to fight tough opponents and I don't care who it is, just keep me fighting so I can keep improving myself. I was first brought in to the UFC to fill in for Karo Parisyan, since I didn't get to fight that one because he showed-up I would like to fight him. That said, Jesse Lennox is my next opponent for Jan. 11th (Ultimate Fight Night 20)." (FightLockDown)

UFC 108's quickly filling fight card got another addition with a booking that pits Mike Pyle (19-6 MMA, 1-1 UFC) vs. fellow welterweight Jake Ellenberger (21-5 MMA, 0-1 UFC). (MMA Junkie)

A lightweight bout between Kyle Bradley (14-6 MMA, 1-2 UFC) and Rafael dos Anjos (12-4 MMA, 1-2 UFC) will soon be set for January's UFC Fight Night 20 event. (MMA Junkie)

Rolles Gracie (3-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC), part of MMA's legendary Gracie clan, has signed a multi-fight deal with the UFC and is expected to meet fellow heavyweight Mostapha Al-Turk (6-5 MMA, 0-2 UFC) at UFC 109 in February. (MMA Junkie)

0 comments

Post a Comment