Your Ad Here

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

After all, Coker could’ve stripped Overeem of his title to allow Fedor to vie for it his first time in the cage but he chose not to. I seem to recall Coker saying he wants to build up the anticipation as Fedor marches toward the championship, perhaps not considering that anticipation is already really high and there’s always the remote possibility that Fedor could stumble before he reaches a title bout. He could lose, he could become injured, he could decide to go off to Hollywood. Who knows, maybe The A-Team sequel will need a villain. (5 Oz's)

"This will mark Jake Shields' third fight on CBS; Gegard Mousasi is considered one of the best young light heavyweights in the world; oh, and I heard Jason "Mayhem" Miller has some kind of popular show on MTV. I understand that there is only so much time the network can devote to promoting an event, and we all know both Emelianenko and Rogers needed all the buzz they can get, but I would have liked to see a little more done to let the world know that there are other top-level fighters competing on this card." (Fanhouse)

“We don’t know how it’s gonna be, fight is fight, we have to be trained for everything, as on the ground, boxing and muay thai... It’s gonna be good“, said Nogueira, who already defeated athletes like Dan Henderson, Alistair Overeem and Kazushi Sakuraba. “Cane is not naive, he won’t make a predictable game“, bets, ready to debut on November 21. (Tatame)

Vera: When they raise my hand, I want Randy to look over and be like, "That (expletive).” I want him to be proud of me for turning into the fighter I always talked about being. He’s been there and watched me run my mouth at the Olympic training center. I want him to experience it first hand and say to himself, “He’s going where he said he was going to go.” (Las Vegas Sun)

Just signed my contract to fight UFC 108 in Vegas, January 2nd 2010,” Daley revealed yesterday. “I gotta wait for the UFC to announce my opponent. I know, but can say nothing!” He also said he would be “encouraging all my people/fans from Nottingham and across the UK to make this a BIG one and fly out to support me.” (Fighters Only)

Fast-rising heavyweight prospect Todd Duffee (5-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) has been forced to withdraw from "UFC 107: Penn vs. Sanchez." (MMA Junkie)

Todd was accepted for college out there in Nevada and moved out there to pursue that, obviously he needed to train and it was not practical for him to stay with ATT,” the spokesman said. “But it was no drama or anything, it wasn’t one of those kind of splits. We wish Todd all the best for the future.” (Fighters Only)

John Kolosci: About a year ago, November 2008, I left the computer industry and started training full-time. I'm a competitor and came to the realization that I could not compete at the highest levels while working a full-time job and training part-time. When working an eight to 10 hour day, plus travel time, I would skip a lot of practices or just not be in it mentally to work as hard as I possibly could. I gave up a six-figure salary to to chase a dream. I sure as hell hope it works out!

“I’m not the ‘Meat Missile,’” said Riddle. “I’m not 5’8” and fat. I’m 6’2” and jacked and I’ve trained my ass off. I train with a lot of good guys and nobody has it easy with me.” (MMA Weekly)

0 comments

Post a Comment