Your Ad Here

Monday, November 9, 2009

"I honestly was not impressed with his performances on the show. I didn't think he was that good. The guys he beat were worse. Demarcus was the best guy he beat and I felt like Demarcus lost that fight more than James Wilks won that fight. But James Wilks as a fighter, I actually think he's a lot better fighter than we have seen… I'm pretty much just trying to be prepared for everything. I want to be 100% prepared for his ground game and his standup. He's going to have a hard time getting this fight to the ground. I think I am a far better wrestler than he is," stated UFC welterweight Matt Brown. (Fight Hype)

Weigh-ins for the UFC's next show, "UFC 106: Ortiz vs. Griffin II," take place Friday, Nov. 20, at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. (MMA Junkie)

"I like more the underdog position; there's no expectation," Mousasi told MMAWeekly.com in an interview following the win. "That's better for me cause I don't like to be the favorite." (MMA Weekly)

"It depends on what's best for the U.S. market. I think a fight against Dan Henderson would be more interesting than fighting a guy like Ricardo Arona because he's from Brazil, I'm from Holland," commented Mousasi. "It depends on the opponent and what Scott (Coker) decides and what the audience wants to see." (MMA Weekly)

Fedor Emelianenko did not sustain a broken nose in his Saturday fight with Brett Rogers, according to a member of his camp. (MMA Weekly)

Struve will be looking to expand upon his winning streak in the UFC after signing a new deal with the company. The British publication, Fighters Only Magazine, is reporting that the UFC has signed Struve to a new four-fight contract that will pay him a lot more as well as keep him under the UFC label until 2011. (5 Oz's)

0 comments

Post a Comment